Posted on :
11 Jan, 2018
11 Jan, 2018
The Ghana Psychology Council is the regulatory body responsible for securing in the public interest the highest standards in the practice of Applied Psychology in Ghana.
In order to improve the regulation of psychologists, paraprofessionals and lay practitioners, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position in Accra.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the secretariat
• Ensure the implementation of decisions of the registrar
• Set and coordinate work programmes to achieve set targets in the staff
• Provide leadership and supervisory role in the execution of all programmes and activities
• Ensure the execution of performance contracts for all the staff are signed with the Registrar
• Oversee plans and budget preparation and implementation and monitoring
• Promote the corporate image of the office and the profession
• Contribute to policy development, analysis and review in the secretariat
• contribute to the development of medium/Long term strategic plans
• Any other functions that is necessary to the objective of the council
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree (or its equivalent)
• A high standard of general knowledge and be well-informed on current affairs
• A thorough knowledge of the functions of the council
• Good knowledge of English – both written and spoken
• A dynamic personality and pleasing behaviour
• Knowledge of office organisation, procedures and rules
• Knowledge of shorthand and typing, fax and computers, e-mails and intranet as also internet
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirement should submit six (6) copies each of the following documents arranged and stapled as 6 sets in an A4 size envelope with the position applied for clearly written at the left top corner of the envelope.
• Application Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
• Names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of two(2) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential reports to the Registrar Applications should be sent by hand or by courier to reach the address below.
The Registrar Ghana Psychology Council Ghana Health Service Headquarters (former Limb Fitting Centre) Adjacent to Rent Control Office
Opposite Tema Station, Accra Further information, call us on: 0503-027254 Closing Date: 20 January, 2018