Ghana Red Cross Society is the largest Humanitarian and Volunteer Based organisation in the Country. It is established by an Act of Parliament(Act 10, 1958) as an Independent, Neutral auxiliary to support Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies in the provision of Humanitarian and Relief services to the vulnerable in times of emergencies and disasters. In times of peace, it acts as a development agent in health promotion and disaster risk reduction.
The National Society is inviting applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the positions of Regional Manager; Upper East, Greater Accra, Upper West and Volta Regions.
Job Title: Regional Manager
Includes but not limited to:
- Day to Day functioning of the organisation in the applied Region and Report to the Secretary General
- Strengthen collaborations, networking’s and partnerships with Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, Partners, Operational Communities and other stakeholders
- Management and direct responsibility for all programmes in the region
- Advocate and promote the Red Cross fundamental principles of Humanity,Independence, Neutrality, Impartiality,Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of First Degree preferably in Social Sciences from a recognised university
- At least four years’ experience in Humanitarian work at senior management level
- Knowledgeable in the humanitarian work environment
- Competent in Proposals, Concept papers, Work plans and budgets development in addition to Reports writing
- Competency in Programs/Projects management
- Competency in Resource Mobilisation and Management of Income Generation Activities
- Ability to work at odd hours and extensive travel
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should submit Application letters with Curriculum Vita attached either in hard or soft copy to below within three (3) weeks of publication of this advert.
The Secretary General Ghana Red Cross Society Headquarters P. O. Box GP 835 Accra Email : [email protected] and copied to [email protected]