Ghana Reinsurance Company Ltd. (Ghana Re) is the leading international reinsurer in Ghana. The company has proven to be the backbone that provides insurers the confidence and capability of underwriting all risks and making prompt payments of claims. Ghana Re is principally involved in all classes of general reinsurance business.
The main types of general reinsurance business that Ghana Re underwrites are:
- Proportional and Non-proportional Treaty Reinsurance
- Facultative Reinsurance
The protection which Ghana Re offers to ceding companies is solidly secured by the financial might of the company, built up over the past three decades of professional underwriting and sound investment of funds.
Job Title: Insurance Risk Survey Officer
- To apply professional knowledge and expertise to provide risk assessment and risk improvement services for company’s cedants’ and business partners.
- To determine the possible financial risk posed by offering insurance cover for personal items, properties or sites.
- To undertake commercial and personal surveys and prepare and present reports for use by insurance underwriters.
- Provide comprehensive risk insight for multiple lines of business
- Assess the quality of moderately complex risks
- Assess loss potentials in accordance with agreed definitions
- Support external customers by identifying, assessing and reducing the risks that they face individually and on an overall account basis
- Provide effective advice on risk management issues to business partners
- Implement risk improvement programmes
- Conduct loss investigations, which include both trend and root cause analysis
- Provide appropriate training to customers, underwriters and claims handlers
- Collaborate with customers and business partners to develop appropriate service plans
- Market risk engineering products and services
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree in relevant field, preferably civil engineering, and/or related industry or technical certification in a specific field of expertise with a minimum of two years post qualification experience
- A minimum qualification and experience in insurance will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Flexibility to work in a range of physical locations,
- Aptitude to investigate and assess technical risks and to retain large amounts of technical knowledge;
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills;
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team;
- Capacity to complete projects and keep to deadlines;
- The ability to use appropriate technical equipment, e.g. survey templates and digital photographic equipment;
- Skilled in the use of computer hardware and software.
How to Apply
Interested persons should please send their applications and CVs to:
Corporate Affairs Ghana Reinsurance Company Limited
P. O. Box AN 7509
Email: [email protected]