Posted on :
20 Jul, 2018
20 Jul, 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC) for the Ghana School of Law.
Job Title: Deputy Registrar, Academic
The Job Purpose or Role
• The Deputy Registrar (Academic) is directly accountable to the Registrar for the implementation and supervision of Ghana School of Law academic policies and procedures as they related to applicants and students. In addition, the Deputy Registrar (Academic) contributes to the general operation of the Office of the Registrar as a management team member.
The Nature and Scope of the role (Main Accountabilities):
• The Registrar’s office provides academic and administrative support services to the School. These include recruitment, student admissions, student course enrolment, academic records, examinations, grade reporting, transcription production, course and examination scheduling, student assistance programmes and Bar enrolment and Call Programmes.
The Deputy Registrar will assist the Registrar in the above functions:
• The main responsibilities of the Deputy Registrar are in the area of administrations and record administration
• The Deputy Registrar is the Chief Examinations officer for the School
• The Deputy Registrar will manage the major registrarial services for the School
• The Deputy Registrar will establish and maintain contact and collaboration with the Academic Affairs Directorate and the Deans’ of Faculty of Law of all the Public Universities and accredited Private Universites recognised by the General Legal Council.
Terms of Appointment: The appointment shall be full time. The terms and conditions of this position are attractive and are in conformity with those of the public service compensation package and other fringe benefits.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The applicant must be a lawyer with a minimum of seven (7) years Post-Call experience, as well as adequate experience in management and administration in a reputable organisation.
• Strong administrative and managerial competence
• Possession of excellent organisational and time management skills
• Possession of excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Possession of a high sense of integrity and above reproach
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time while maintaining attention to details
• Excellent Computer Literacy Skills
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should forward their application letters, curricula vitae and copies of relevant certificates and the names of two referees. Applications should be marked ‘APPLICATION FOR DEPUTY REGISTRAR’ and forwarded under COVER to reach the following address not later than Friday, 20th July, 2018:
The Registrar The Ghana School Law P. O. Box GP 179 Accra OR email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 20 July, 2018
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and qualified applicants should be available for the position latest by September, 2018.