Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of REGISTRAR, Ghana School of Law.
Job Title: Registrar
Job Role or purpose
- The Registrar’s office provides academic and administrative services to the Ghana School of Law.
- The Registrar is also responsible for the effective and efficient planning, management and co-ordination of examination administration services aligned to customer and other stakeholders’ needs and requirements.
- The Registrar is directly accountable to the Director of Legal Education for the implementation and supervision of Ghana School of Law academic policies and procedures as they relate to applicants and students.
Nature and scope of role
- Provision of academic and administrative support services to the School, including recruitment. student admissions, student course enrollment. academic
- records, examinations, grade reporting, transcription production, course and examination scheduling, student assistance programmes and Bar enrollment and Call Programmes.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and required legislation.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services. Develop and administer the organisation’s budget.
- Organising examinations and monitoring and acting upon any identified risks to ensure successful conduct of examinations.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with the Academic Regulations and the requirements of professional, regulatory or statutory bodies as required.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment shall be full time. The terms and conditions of this position are attractive and are in conformity with those of the public service compensation package and other fringe benefits
Required Skills or Experience
The applicant must be a lawyer with a minimum of twelve (12) years Post Call experience as well as adequate experience in management and administration in a reputable organisation.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Good general IT skills, including experience in the use of Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a large multi-user database.
- Motivation and drive to work enthusiastically in an administrative role within an educational setting are essential to this role.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and adapting to any changes in the working environment.
- Excellent organisational, managerial, planning, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Must be detail-oriented with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.
- Possession of a high sense of integrity and above reproach.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should forward their application letters, curricula vitae and copies of relevant certificates and the names of two referees. Applications should be marked ‘APPLICATION FOR REGISTRAR’ and forwarded to the following address, not later than Friday, 12th October, 2018
The Acting Registrar Ghana School of Law P.O.BOX GP 179 Accra Or email: [email protected]
Note. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and qualified applicants should be available for the position latest by Ist November, 2018