Posted on :
12 Mar, 2021
12 Mar, 2021
Job Title: Scientific Administration Officer
• The Scientific Administrative Officer (SAO) shall report to the Scientific Coordinator (SC).
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in day-to-day running of the National Secretariat of the Association
• Assist the SC in implementation of decisions taken by the leadership of the Association
• Responsible for Human Resource Management functions at the secretariat
• Assist in preparing and submission of reports.
• Supervise the management of computerized database of all members of the Association
• Assist the SC in the organisation of conferences, workshops, seminars, public lectures and meetings of the Association.
• Assist in evaluation, classification and editing of Scientific manuscripts submitted for publication in the Journal of the Ghana Science Association (JGSA)
• Assist in collation, editing and publication of proceedings of Conferences/Workshops/ Seminars etc.
• Support the SC in fund raising activities for the Association’s activities.
• Supervise other administrative staff of the secretariat in the performance of their duties
• Management and maintenance of personnel records
• Management, control and maintenance of office equipment, supplies and services
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc in Basic or Applied Science with at least 5 years post Degree qualification experience.
• A second degree will be an added advantage Excellent writing, communication and editing skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to function under demanding situations and deadlines, while demonstrating good judgment
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Good time management and organisational skills Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft suite of products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Experience in scientific management preferred.
Location: Airport Residential, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
An application letter addressed to
The Honorary National President
Ghana Science Association,
P. O. Box LG7,
Together with a detailed CV should be submitted strictly via Email:
Closing Date: 16 March, 2021