Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons with successful academic and industry leadership background for appointment to the position of Registrar at Ghana Telecom University College.
Reporting to the President of the University, the Registrar serves as the University’s Chief Administrative Officer responsible for the University’s institutional strategic planning, policy formulation and administration of the offices within the Registry including Student Admissions, Exams and Records, Human Resources, Student Affairs and General Administration.
- He/she is also responsible for managing the terms and requirements of the University’s partners and stakeholders.
- The Registrar shall serve as Secretary to the University Council and all key boards and committees.
Terms of Appointment:
- The appointment, which is full-time shall be for four (4) years in the first instance and may be subject to renewal every two (2) years, based on performance.
- A proposition of job satisfaction, opportunities for further development, challenging responsibilities and attractive salary and fringe benefits are attached to the post.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of Master’s degree with distinguished academic and industry leadership record, contemporary knowledge, competencies and desired behaviour in job functions and expectations and with the capacity to attract and manage resources, students and their related issues, as well as optimize faculty and staff capability, productivity, satisfaction and engagement.
- Must have at least five (5) years working experience in a tertiary institution, three (3) of which should have been in leadership positions such as Registrar, Deputy Registrar, Dean of Faculty or Head of Department or an analogous position
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development for the Faculties, Staff and University
How To Apply
Applicants should forward their letter of interest with the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of two (2) referees
- A two-page statement of candidate’s vision for the University
- Copies of certificates and transcripts
Applications can be sent electronically to: [email protected] and copied to: [email protected]. Additionally, hard copies of the application and supporting documents can be sent to
The Head, Human Resource
Ghana Telecom University College
Closing date: 28 Oct, 2011