Posted on :
14 Jan, 2020
14 Jan, 2020
S/he will provide strategic and technical leadership for the development and implementation of the
monitoring and evaluation policies, strategies and frameworks.
• The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be responsible for managing the M&E activities for the project. S/he will be responsible for setting up the SIBCI’s performance monitoring and evaluation system, collecting, tracking and analysing data, and reporting to the European Union.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duty Post: Damongo / Accra
Key Relationships: The Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Communication Specialist, Consultants, Executive Director, Accounts Officer, Executive Director, Project Partners, Consultants and other stakeholders.
Responsible for: guiding the overall monitoring and evaluation activities within the SIBCI Project and
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Develop methodology and tools to assess the reliability and validity of project performance indicators.
• Continually refine the approach proposed in the evaluation design based on new data.
• Build capacity through participatory workshops on how to conduct M&E in the field
• Track performance on established output, outcome and impact indicators to measure achievement and track progress towards intermediate results and overall project objectives.
• Proactively inform and advise Management on findings coming from the project performance reviews and assure timely coordination and delivery of the relevant reports.
• Ability to draw out the information collected to deliver relevant knowledge-sharing products to stakeholders.
• Strong organizational skills and focus on details.
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
• Proficiency in statistical analysis.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Project Management, Economics, Statistics, Wildlife and Range Management,
Natural Resources Management or other relevant development fields.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization.
• Experience with the logical framework approach to monitoring as well as quantitative, qualitative and participatory monitoring approaches.
Location: Accra & Damongo
How to Apply
To apply: • A covering letter explaining why you are applying for the position and relating to your experience and skills to the roles indicated in the application pack (include your salary expectations) in your cover letter. • Full CV and contact details for two referees Email your application to: [email protected] or deliver by hand to GWS addressing it to The Executive Director, Ghana Wildlife Society, P. O. Box 13252, Accra.
Closing Date: 22 January, 2020