The Dean serves as the chief academic and administrative officer of the School/Faculty. He/she is responsible for the academic leadership and general administration of the School in respect of human, financial and material resources of the School within the general framework of GIMPA’s statutes and policies.
Job Title: Dean Of Research And Graduate Studies
The successful candidate will be the inaugural Dean. He/she will help shape the future of the School in ways consistent with GIMPA’s vision and strategic plan.
It is expected that the newly appointed Dean will have a distinguished record of academic achievement and managerial competence. The successful person shall hold office for a term of three (3) academic years and may be eligible for another term of up to three (3) years only.
The successful candidate shall report to the Rector through the Deputy Rector.
- Develop and implement policies and strategies to promote the research agenda of the Institute.
- Lead and encourage resource mobilization for research.
- Coordinate the curriculum design of graduate programmes across the institute to meet accreditation requirements and best practices.
- Develop and implement a mentoring framework to enhance research – capacity and scholarships of inexperienced faculty.
- Maintain up-to-date student records.
- Maintain advisory and consultative relations with all departmental heads.
- Maintain cordial and professional relations with external clients/potential students and participants.
- Protect, conserve and efficiently utilize all assets assigned to-the School.
- Perform other related duties assigned by Management
Remuneration: Very attractive and competitive
Required Skills or Experience
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, traits, and competencies:
- Preferably be of professorial status from a reputable institution;
- Be capable of providing academic leadership to the School;
- Proven competencies and experience in leading and managing an academic unit;
- Demonstrated experience in the running and management of educational programmes, industry and public service;
- Strong commitment to academic excellence;
- Expertise in international accreditation systems;
- Ability to develop external relations;
- Proven track record of innovative and effective leadership in higher education;
- A distinguished research and publication record;
- Ability to take initiatives leading to innovations and the development of new educational programmes;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Experience at top management in a university context will be an added advantage;
- Ability to serve a full-term of three (3) years before attaining statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
How to Apply
- Applications with CV, cover letters, vision statements, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] July 31, 2018.
- Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above emai address by July 31, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted