The Director of Academic Affairs shall apply or enforce approved standardized procedures and regulations for proper and efficient administration of the academic programmes and student certification processes of the Institute.
Job Title: Director Of Academic Affairs
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and may be reappointed for a further term of up to four (4) years only, subject to satisfactory performance.
The successful candidate shall report to the Secretary of the Institute.
- Develop, review and implement systems to ensure accurate data of students from admission through to graduation.
- Provide leadership in planning, co-ordinating and monitoring the academic administration of the Institute which shall include admissions, administration of student
- academic records, examinations and academic ceremonies.
- Implement decisions of the Academic Board in relation to academic administration, procedures and regulations.
- Provide a link between the Institute and other tertiary institutions.
- Ensure that all. programmes are appropriately accredited as per the standards of the National Accreditation Board.
- Maintain up-to-date student records.
- Maintain advisory and consultative relations with all departmental heads.
- Maintain cordial and professional relations with external clients/ potential students and participants.
- Protect, conserve and efficiently utilize all assets assigned to the department.
- Perform other related duties assigned by Management.
Remuneration: Very attractive and competitive
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in one or a combination of Management; Administration, Social Science, or related disciplines from a reputable university.
- Ten years’ post-qualification experience, five years of which should have been in Senior Management.
- Must be able to serve a full-term of office of four (4) years before attaining statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
The candidate must have:
- Leadership, managerial capacity and the ability to work with multi- faculty Deans;
- The ability to react effectively to challenges and demands of students and faculty;
- The ability to manage academic records and make presentations to the Academic Board and the Executive Management Committee;
- Strong people management skills;
- A team playing spirit, and the willingness needed to support the Rector create a leading entrepreneurial University and training institution;
- Proven track record of higher education administration at senior management level;
- The ability to take initiative and introduce change and innovation;
- Very good IT skills and ability to use and adapt to customized Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
How to Apply
- Applications with CV, cover letters, vision statements, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] July 31, 2018.
- Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above emai address by July 31, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted