The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)/ a world-class center of excellence for training in leadership, management and administration, located at Greenhill, Achimota, invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Director, Corporate Affairs, And Institutional Advancement
Mandate of CAIA
The Office of CAIA works to advance the public understanding and recognition of GIMPA and its mission, and also to maximize GIMPA’s reputation. It is responsible for a range of activities that provide the framework for building strong support and lasting relationships with a variety of constituencies. CAIA serves as a resource to the public as well as to local; national and international media organizations.
- To serve as the Institute’s Chief Advisor on public affairs and to develop, lead, manage and promote all GIMPA’s public relations efforts.
- Provide executive leadership in the productivity and effectiveness of the Department.
- Collaborate closely with the Rector and the Policy and Strategy Committee to establish achievable philanthropic, sponsorship, event, and marketing/public relations goals for the Institute.
- Manage a portfolio of high-level donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan that addresses the needs and strengths of all the constituent units of the Institute.
- Develop and implement workable, practical, and sustainable systems and processes that enhance and reward productivity in all areas of Institutional Advancement.
- Participate in the identification, cultivation, training and mentoring of “Friends of the Institute”.
- Remain current on national policies and procedures that are relevant to fundraising and programmes.
- Monitor and assist the fulfillment of institutional obligations to funders.
- Advise on corporate communications and establish an authentic image for the Institute.
- Take editorial responsibility for the Institute’s website, and other corporate communication tools.
- Communicate to all interested publics the Institute’s activities, structure, and policies. “
- Promote good community relations.
- Handle all GIMPA’s advertising and liaise with advertising agencies.
- Be responsible for all protocol and events management.
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
- The successful candidate shall report to the Rector of the Institute.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Relations/Communications Studies or related disciplines
- A minimum of six years relevant work experience at senior management level.
- Knowledge of communication within a university setting will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applications with CV/resume, cover letter, vision statement, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] or sent to the address below:
The School Secretary
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
P. o. Box AH 50, Achimota,
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the same email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All earlier applications and in some cases those who have already been interviewed are still eligible to reapply.