The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)/ a world-class center of excellence for training in leadership, management and administration, located at Greenhill, Achimota, invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Director Of Centre For Management Development
The Director of Centre for Management Development will plan, organize, implement and evaluate the outcomes of the unit’s strategic direction.
- The successful candidate shall report to the Dean of the GIMPA Business School.
- Ensure an appreciable pool of quality facilitators (GIMPA staff especially and adjuncts) available for all programs
- Evaluate business opportunities and potential markets
- Provide oversight and direction to Programme Advisors and other staff
- Support and assist in identifying and securing new business opportunities
- Provide oversight for pricing of existing programs and new proposals determined within the established guidelines while ensuring business and profitability targets are achieved
- Hire, develop and motivate staff
- Provide programs and financial reports of the Unit
- Build and maintain confidence and trust relationships with facilitators by managing their interests and ensuring their prompt payment
- Provide staff guidance, coaching, and support in the execution of their duties
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Dean
Terms of Appointment:
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of four (4) academic years in the first instance and may be reappointed for further terms of four (4) academic years each, subject to good performance.
- Assess performance of staff
- Delegate/assign duties to staff and monitor their activities
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in Marketing/ Human Resource Management /Public Administration/ Organisational Development or related field of study
- Ten years relevant experience, five (5) of which must be in a top management position
- Must have proven expertise in designing and marketing of training programs
- Must have expertise in training needs analysis
- Must have excellent leadership and people management skills
- Must have business management skills
- Must have collaboration skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have project management skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to tolerate stress
How to Apply
Applications with CV/resume, cover letter, vision statement, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] or sent to the address below:
The School Secretary
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
P. o. Box AH 50, Achimota,
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the same email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All earlier applications and in some cases those who have already been interviewed are still eligible to reapply.