Posted on :
1 Oct, 2019
1 Oct, 2019
TVET Advisor for Renewable Energy — Transitions into TVET and (Self)-Employment
Project: TVET for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
Reports To: Team Leader
Assignment Period: The first phase of the project will end 31.12.2021
Job Title: TVET Advisor for Renewable Energy
• The ideal candidate for the TVET Advisor for Renewable Energy role should have relevant and solution-driven expertise in TVET and Self -Employment.
The advisor provides support in:
• Assisting project initiatives about successful transitions of the target group into initial and continuing vocational training and (self-) employment;
• Developing a gender-sensitive approach to promoting access to demand-driven education and training for renewable energy and energy efficiency and helps to implement a pilot of the approach with partners in TVET institutions and training providers;
• Designing, planning and implementing measures to promote the transition from education and training to productive self-employment or employment with relevant stakeholders such as job days and networking formats between TVET graduates, self- employed and potential corporate employers;
• Arranging of career days, supporting career counselling and providing introduction into electronic job platforms whenever needed;
• Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project environment and with other projects implemented by GIZ, such as the other component of the Market Entry project, the People’s Green Energy project and the project on RE/EE for the public sector.
• Ensures knowledge transfer of project information, ensuring transfer of knowledge from work undertaken by consultants to the partner institutions;
• Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
• Supports awareness campaigns to improve the reputation and attractivity of TVET in the held of renewable energy;
• Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree (MSc, MA) in an area related to the project objectives (e.g. education, vocational training, economics, business administration, advisory
• services in education or for private companies on employment promotion)
• 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position Professional experience in the TVET or employment sectors is an asset, in particular experience in working with COTVET or employment promotion agencies; experience with a private company in the renewable energy (e.g. solar PV) and energy efficiency sectors is a great asset;
• Excellent knowledge of the English language. A working knowledge of German is an asset;
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office); working experience in the context of databases and in the field of tracer studies would be a great asset;
• Work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills are an added advantage.
Competitive GIZ salary grid (Band 4 Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus,
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one – page cover letter: [email protected] under the job code 2019/RE/09/01. Please note If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 04 October, 2019