Posted on :
10 Oct, 2019
10 Oct, 2019
Job Title: Advisor – Internally Generated Fund
Project: Sf DR/ GovID
Reports to: Component Manager- IGF
Assignment Period: 01.11.19 – 30.09.20 with the option to extend for 2 years
• The GIZ Governance program between the Government of Ghana and the Federal Republic of Germany is being implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH together with the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Local Governance and Rural Development. Additional funds are being provided by Global Affairs Canada.
• In cooperation with the Regional Coordinating Councils, GIZ Governance supports the implementation of the Ghanaian decentralization reforms. In order to improve service delivery and accountability at the district level, GIZ Governance supports districts in Ghana to improve the mobilization and the management of their Internally Generated Funds (IGF). For this purpose, GIZ developed a revenue management software, which is currently introduced in 87 partner districts and will be made available for all districts in Ghana.
• Support the introduction of a new IT solution (dLRev revenue management software) in MMDAs and provide orientation and facilitation of training for MMDA staff
• Advise on strategic and innovative approaches to improve Street Naming and Property Addressing (SNPA) activities in partner MMDAs and harmonize data with other systems for planning and development
• Ensure quality management and provide technical advice on spatial data generated by MMDAs with GIS tools and software (Map Maker, QGIS)
• Ensure quality management of business and property data collection in partner MMDAs
• Facilitate the process of harmonizing Fee Fixing Resolutions, consult with national and local stakeholders (e.g. FDU, MLGRD, GIFMIS Secretariat, etc.)
• Advise on the mode of payment in revenue collection in MMDAs, e.g. explore automated means of payment (mobile banking, etc.) in order to reduce cash flow;
• Advise on enforcement mechanisms in revenue delinquencies;
• Initiate and support organizational and administrative engineering of accountability structures, supervision and monitoring mechanisms in MMDAs;
• Design and facilitate the implementation of ratepayer sensitization and education campaigns at the district level; you support and facilitate consultations on IGF with local communities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree and technical expertise in one of the following areas: Development planning, Public administration, Public Sector Management, Local Government Administration or comparable qualification
• In-depth knowledge of Ghana’s decentralization system, public finances, and fiscal decentralization
• Practical experience in GIS tools and software (e.g. Map Maker, QGIS)
• Working experience with public administration, particularly at MMDA level
• Very good English skills, written and orally
• Intercultural and communication skills
Competitive GIZ salary grid (Band 4T Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one – page cover letter: [email protected] under the job code 2019/GOV /09/02.
Closing Date: 15 October 2019
Please note, If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.