Posted on :
27 Jan, 2022
27 Jan, 2022
“FAIR Forward – Artificial Intelligence for All” strives for a more open, inclusive and sustainable approach to AI. To enhance key conditions for local AI, the initiative is pursuing the goals of removing entry barriers to AI by supporting the development of quality and open datasets, strengthening local technical know-how on AI and developing policy frameworks that promote ethical AI and innovative local AI solutions.
Job Title: Technical Advisor (FAIR Forward – Artificial Intelligence for All)
Scope of the Role
The Technical Advisor will manage activities with a focus on establishing and managing collaboration between FAIR Forward and stakeholders in Ghana, contribute to strengthening local technical know-how on AI, contribute to removing entry barriers to AI and providing professional
advisory services on the development of policy frameworks that promote ethical and innovative AI solutions.
• Manage the development and implementation of project initiatives including setting up and steering of innovative pilots on AI, e.g. on
“Access to Training Data and AI Technologies for Local Innovation” to boost AI’s role in supporting sustainable agriculture, energy and in
combatting climate change.
• Cooperate with stakeholders on AI, mainly government institutions, the private sector and civil society organizations in Ghana including high-level negotiations with international and national institutions and comanagement of joint initiatives.
• Provide advice on “Ethical AI Policy Frameworks” to government partner institutions and manage cooperation on this goal with international partners such as “Smart Africa” and United Nations Global Pulse.
• Support the coordination and scaling up of activities with other digital projects of GIZ in Ghana, mainly the Digital Transformation Center.
Support the management of subcontractors and supervision of events, consultancies and studies on AI in Ghana.
• Ensure knowledge transfer within the global implementing team of FAIR Forward and provide inputs for various project reports including annual
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum requirement MA/MSc/MPA in economics, political sciences, computer sciences, technology policy, international relations, studies related to sustainable human development with a focus on digital topics, or other fields in an area related to the project objectives
• At least 2-5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
• Several years of professional experience in the area of Artificial Intelligence or data science or related fields such as data application
for development (data4development)
• Professional experience in project management, preferably in a development cooperation context and in international contexts
• Professional experience in advisory services and in innovative event and project management
• Preferably, work experience in policy advice on digital development / digital transformation with governmental partners
• Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative while having a tight time schedule
• Team oriented, analytical and communicative skills, also in crosscountry, cross-cultural teams
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a onepage cover letter to:
[email protected] under the Job Code 2022/CO/01/02. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 04 February, 2022