We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Mining Superintendent to join a stable mining operation
Our client has over 60 years of experience in the mining field based in West Africa, they have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches
Job Title: Mining Superintendent
You will be responsible for the effective and efficient use of production machines to ensure maximum production levels are always sustained and production are attained Whiles ensuring HSE Policies and requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring high availability of the mining fleets to meet production and contractual requirements. You will work collaboratively with engineering and maintenance department to optimize the operation of the mining fleet and will monitor and report on production statistics.
- Submits daily, weekly and monthly production reports to the project manager and the Client Manager.
- Responsible for the training of Local workforce to a high standard of technical and safety skills. Evaluate personnel for competency with a view to identify additional training.
- Ensuring that manpower is at budgeted levels so that production target could be achieved. Reviews with shift supervisors to ensure that they maintain accurate records of time worked.
- Directs team supervisors in operational plans.
- Directs priority for mobile equipment maintenance based on operational demands. This requires a two way communication between you and the Maintenance Superintendent/planners at all times.
- Studies maps and blueprints to determine location for haulage ways, access roads, rail tracks, and conveyor systems and
- Helps maintain compliance with mining laws and safety regulations, and issues directives to workers to ensure adherence to applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Participate in incident and injury investigations in their area
- Any other duty as requested by clients/Project Manager in line client requirement.
- Proven background within large scale trucks/shovel operations
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering will be advantageous
- Blasting certificate
- Mine manager certificate of competency will be a plus
- High level of communication and people management skills
- Drive to achieve budget and production targets.
- A team player and have the ability to work under intense pressure
- 5 years Open cut mining experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Mining Superintendent or equivalent capacity
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class organization.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.