Glovo is looking for an amazing and hands-on Admin and Finance Associate to join Glovo as a key member of the Accounting and Finance team in Accra. You will work directly with the Country Manager in Accra and report to the HQ Finance department in Barcelona. Do you have a passion for finance and want to help us build the Admin department from zero? This is your opportunity!
Job Title: Admin and Finance Associate
- Understand local financial needs to build a local admin department from scratch
- Communicate to the HQ Finance department about local needs and challenges
- Report to the HQ Finance department in matters of P&L and Cash Flow
- Oversee local budget control
- Be the point of contact for our regional legal and accounting firm
- Be, also, a point of contact to handle and resolve customer and partner complaints regarding invoices and financial processes
- Be the main responsible for credit card statement conciliation – if necessary
- Assist in the invoicing process for Glovers, Partners and Customers
- Get your hands dirty – when there is a problem, you will find a way to fix it
- Advanced English proficiency
- At least 2 years’ experience with similar tasks – preferably in banking, consultancy, auditor, startup or e-commerce sector
- Educational background in Economics, Business, Finance, Law or similar
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets is a must
- Interest in management, and previous experience in finance – preferably in accounting or auditing
- Highly motivated in the world of start-ups and new technologies
- Problem solver and data-driven
- Proactive and autonomous
- Organized and detail-oriented person
- Our core values are very important to us:Gas: Fear mediocrity over mistakes. Think big, work hard, be proactive, take smart leaps and lead the wayGood vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: Always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what
Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role; help before you’re asked. Learn Glovo A to Z. Figure stuff out on your own. Make sure your shit works!
Raise the bar: You’re curious and capable; that’s why you’re at Glovo. You care deeply about improving your talents and look for opportunities to do so. Then put everything to work to reach your full potential
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket – an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Gross salary based on experience and equity plan
- Young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way – currently, we are over 700 employees all over the world!