Posted on :
4 Jan, 2017
4 Jan, 2017
The Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) as the institution responsible for coordinating the implementation of the country’s social protection system has established the Ghana National Household Registry (GNHR)
To ensure that social protection benefits get to the people who really need them, the Government of Ghana through Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has established the Ghana National Household Registry (GNHR) with the mandate to establish a single national household register from which all social protection programs in in Ghana will select their beneficiaries.
The registry was launched in Accra by the Vice President of Ghana, His Excellency Paa Kwesi Amisah-Arthur in October 2015.
Job Title: District Coordinator
• The general responsibility of a District Coordinator is to be responsible for data collection at the district level
• He/ she will manage GNHR Mobile Registration Teams (MRTs) and Community Focal Persons in his/her district
• He/ She will Provide technical and logistical support to Supervisors in his/her district
The District Coordinator is responsible for the Mobile Registration Teams (MRTs) in the District and support the team during the fieldwork at the District level. Specific tasks to be carried out are:
• Oversee data collection at the District level
• Assist in training workshops for Enumerators and Supervisors for the data collection process
• Allocate Mobile Registration Teams (comprising Supervisors, Enumerators and Support Staff) to various communities within the District
• Facilitate logistics arrangements for the execution of the data collection in the assigned district by providing necessary materials for data collection and making transport arrangements
• Arrange schedule and route of community enumeration with GNHR zonal Coordinator and enumeration supervisors
• Provide technical support to Supervisors
• Monitor the performance of the Mobile Registration Teams under his/her jurisdiction through;
o Field visits during the data collection process
o Careful review of all daily and weekly reports provided by the supervisors
o Assessment of the quantitative output of each team
• Report the work outputs of the Registration Teams under his/her jurisdiction to the Data Collection Coordinator and GNHR Zonal Coordinator on weekly basis
• Supervise and ensure the quality of data collected
• In the discharge of his/her duties, the District Coordinator will report to the GNHR Zonal Coordinator in charge of the district.
• He/she will prepare and submit weekly reports to the Zonal Coordinator in charge of the district.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a Ghanaian
• Minimum University Degree holder
• Experience in managing large field enumeration activities especially in Northern Ghana
• Experience in enumeration activities involving modern ICT solutions
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, helpful relations with donors and project staff.
• Excellent knowledge of the geographical locations of communities in the district you applied to work in.
The required Language(s):
A prospective candidate should be able to speak English and any one of the four main languages (Gurune, Buli, Kassim, Bisa) spoken in the Upper East Region
Location: Upper East Region all districts
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants must submit hard copy of their detailed curriculum vitae to District Social Welfare Officers in their respective districts or emailed their applications to:
N.B: Non online applicants in Bolga Municipal, Binduri and Bawku West District Assemblies should submit their hard copy CVs to Assistant Officer for Non Formal Education Division, Assistant Planning Officer and the District Information Officer respectively.
“PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY OF THE POSITIONS IF YOU HAVE ENGAGEMENTS WITH ANY OTHER ORGANISATION. FIELD STAFF ARE EXPECTED TO WORK 8 HOURS PER DAY FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAY.”
For those applying through the internet, please state your name, the position you are applying for, language, place of residence and preferred district in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: 15 January, 2017