Posted on :
12 Jul, 2019
12 Jul, 2019
Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSR), with head office in Toronto,
Canada is a gold mining company situated at Akyempin in the Wassa East District of the Western Region. A vacancy exists at the Underground Department for the position of
Job Title: Mine Backfill Coordinator
The initial role is to support and advance elements of the paste backfill project, operational readiness and commissioning and then transition to manage all aspects of mine backfill placement underground,
including the communication and coordination with the backfill preparation plant on the surface.
• Provide technical and practical input into design, engineering and plant construction activities.
• Manage the construction of the underground distribution system.
• Advance the operational readiness activities for the project, including the development of backfill
standards and procedures, recruitment of underground service team and training.
• Manage the procurement of underground mobile equipment and shotcrete batch plant system.
• Provide tactical, day-to-day leadership for the underground backfill team.
• Provide support to the surface paste plant operators, in liaison with the Processing Superintendent,
including the specification of paste and requirement for stope backfill.
• Implement and maintain the Backfill standards and procedures, and ensure those standards are being met for all output from the Backfill team.
• Contribute to mine production planning/schedule and liaise with Technical Service to identify production constraints and opportunities for backfill operations.
• Review the paste plant and underground distribution system to ensure the capability to meet backfill plan.
• Oversee the quality assurance of the backfill process (plant, distribution) and ensure compliance
with design specifications (eg: tailings material, cementitious paste fill, underground bulkhead construction and the inside strength of the backfill)
• Conduct and contribute to Backfill-related continuous improvement and optimization project.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly performance statistics and monthly cost report.
• Ensure compliance with Minerals and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) Regulations 2012 (LI 2182) to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment.
• Ensure the training and development of the Backfill team.
• Prepare and review safe work procedures and work permits with work teams.
• Ensure team members perform their jobs in a safe manner and adhering to Company policies and procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Relevant educational qualification
• A minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience in hydraulic or paste backfill, including experience in an underground mine environment;
• Experience in underground Paste Crew/Service Crew work;
• Experience with integrating the surface backfill plant and underground operations;
• A valid Driver’s License and ability to drive in rough terrain
• Perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Strong communication skills including communicating with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
• Attention to details and good report writing and analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills with a high degree of teamwork
• Good organizational skills
• Proven commitment and integrity
• A solid history of reliability and good work ethic.
• Accountability skills and high sense of urgency and collaboration
• Strong ability to work collaboratively within a team and a proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
• Must demonstrate a proactive attitude towards safety and hazard identification
This position goes with a very competitive salary package and other fringe benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications with CVs, photocopies of certificates and other relevant documents, email addresses, and phone numbers to [email protected] or the address below: HR & Administration Manager Gold Star (WASSA) Limited P.M.B Tarkwa
Closing Date: 20 July 2019 Note: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.