Posted on :
7 May, 2019
7 May, 2019
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Job Title: Senior Tailings Engineer
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Tailings Engineer to join our Mine Waste Division on a full-time basis based in Ghana (Accra) or South Africa (Johannesburg).
This is a senior level position in the consulting team and is regarded as a professional person leading the delivery of tailings engineering services, in line with the Golder suite of engineering products.
· Provide technical advice and consultancy on complex tailings and geotechnical issues to clients and internal staff
– Design and inspection of tailings and water storage facilities
– The means of construction of tailings deposits.
– The operation and management of deposits.
– The properties and behaviour of tailings.
· Develop client relationship and build business
· Build reputation as Technical Leader/Lead Consultant
· Use advanced techniques, modifications and extension of theories, practices to synthesise and analyse data for decision making/ recommendations
· Keep abreast of advancing technologies, methods and research & development
· Provide safety leadership in identifying and alleviating/ eliminating high priority safety hazards and complete 4 OH&S incident reporting per year
· Participate in training activities, mentoring and transferring knowledge to engineers.
· Plan, develop schedules, coordinate and direct manpower on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines.
· Supervise, coordinate and review/evaluate activities carried out by junior engineers.
· Prepare proposals and reports for clients
· Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
· Relevant Degree in the geotechnical / Civil Engineering
· Professional Register at ECSA (Min 4 years)
· 10Years experience post graduation
· Legislation related to Engineering / Geotechnical environment
· Financial Knowledge and understanding
· Geotechnical experience at a consulting firm
· Exposure to mining and industrial projects
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure – own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer