Google’s Partner Solutions Organization (PSO) is a technology group dedicated to developing and managing the company’s largest and most strategic partnerships. Our multi-faceted professionals work together with teams throughout Google to address our partners’ most pressing technology challenges – ones that have no simple answers.
We create solutions for and build enduring long-term relationships with organizations that represent outstanding revenue opportunities and/or are strategically important for us to take new, world-shaping technologies to market.
The role: Technical Account Manager
As a Technical Account Manager, you are the engagement manager taking responsibility for the success of our largest partnerships. You lead deployments, optimize implementations and integrations to increase revenue, drive new business opportunities, and manage the overall technical aspects to build strong, successful, long- term partnerships. If you are a creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, market-driven environment, we want to talk to you. You should be a self-motivated individual looking to solidify Google’s strategic partnerships across a variety of product lines made especially for Africa. These include search, mobile, video, Google Apps, e-commerce, and many other new initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and train in relation to the Google Apps deployment project management with partner universities.
- Perform implementation reviews, evangelize new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner’s integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation, training and technical guidance.
- Develop proof-of-concept products and software tools to assist in closing deals.
- BA/BS preferred in a technical field with a strong academic record. (MS/MBA is a plus).
- Extensive hands-on experience in Internet or telecom products and technologies in Africa or similar market.
- Experience in deadline-driven, large-scale technical project management or software development in the Internet/Telecommunications space.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail as well as experience working with external clients in a sales environment.
- Proficient in French, English and at least one other African language.
- Willing to travel extensively within Africa.