Cover letters are required as part of your application. Applications with cover letters included will be prioritized.
Job Title: Research Resident, University Graduate
- To start the application process, click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred).
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV/resume. In the “Cover letter/other notes Section:” Copy and paste a cover letter which must include answers to the following question:
- What are your primary research interests and how would participating in the Research Residency help you achieve your goals?
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI techniques, e.g. open source project, campus lab experience, research internship, or publication.
- Experience with Python, C/C++, or Java.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across multiple teams in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Passion for machine learning research.The Research Residency role is a 18-month role, designed to give you hands-on experience working on challenging problems with Research Scientists and Engineers in Accra. As a Research Resident, you will collaborate with Research Scientists and Engineers on fundamental research and applied problems in a wide range of areas in Computer Science. You will identify and implement the most impactful solutions and utilize Machine Learning expertise and other unique opportunities to drive global impact.
Research happens at Google everyday, on many different embedded teams throughout the company. Our research reaches the user through both services and products such as Search, Maps, Google Assistant, Google Translate, Google Cloud and our computing, storage, and networking infrastructure. To achieve this, we’re working on a wide variety of projects that utilize the latest state-of-the-art technologies that push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Work with research mentors to formulate research projects and/or novel applications of machine learning.
- Conduct research and publish it.
- Implement algorithms, experiments, and/or human-computer interfaces using frameworks, such as TensorFlow.
- Learn and understand a large body of research in machine learning algorithms.