Posted on :
7 Feb, 2017
7 Feb, 2017
Grameen Foundation (GF) helps the world’s poorest people reach their full potential, by connecting their determination and skills with the resources they need. In Ghana, Grameen Foundation develops mobile phone based solutions to strengthen health care delivery and improve health behaviors, particularly for the rural poor, and is starting up a new program that will use mobile phones to help smallholder farmers improve their efficiency and productivity.
Job Title: Program Support Specialist
The Program Support Specialist position reports to the Senior Regional Director, West Africa and will be responsible for working with key Grameen Foundation and Interpay Africa staff on the savings at the frontier project and providing assistance to the business development consultant on the Achieving Impact at Scale project. The Program Specialist will support an interdisciplinary staff and consultant team to achieve project deliverables, and will support project teams in identifying and drafting initial project proposals and expression of interests in response in call for proposals that align with Grameen Foundation’s white papers on health, agriculture and digital financial services.
Reporting and relationship: The position will report to the Senior Regional Director, West Africa
Essential Job Functions
• Support activities related to steps of partner assessment with Interpay Africa and Christian Loupeda on the Savings at the Frontier project
• Work closely with Christian Loupeda to review the role of FSP agents in understanding what they currently do and conduct process flow to propose what FSP agents would do in a cashless role
• Assist in the creation of agent tools in relation to the new role of FSPs agents in the Savings at the Frontier project
• Profile and help organize workshops for partner assessment on the Savings at the Frontier project
• Support Business Development Consultant in developing survey to assess the technical and financial feasibility of the current AgroTech scale-up model
• Provide project assistance to Business Development Consultant in data collection
• Support M&E Lead Consultant in developing baseline monitoring and evaluation plan, collecting and analyzing data, and writing baseline evaluation report
• Work closely with EBODAC (Ebola Vaccine Deployment and Compliance) project team to create survey designs and prepare documentation for ethical committee’s approval
• Assist M&E Consultant to analyze, compile and create M&E reports for the Achieving Impact at Scale and EBODAC projects
• Assist with M&E training for survey assistants
• Work closely with Senior Regional Director, West Africa to form strategic partnerships to identify creative service options that can contribute to post-project sustainability
• Work with Grameen Monitoring and Evaluation teams to monitor performance indicators
• Identify opportunities to raise funding to deepen and expand Grameen’s work in Ghana, and to identify models and partners for post-project sustainability of Grameen solutions in Ghana
The Program Support Specialist will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana and will need to be flexible to work in local conditions, and be available to work across different time zones. This position will require frequent travel within Ghana.
• Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
• Deep understanding of Grameen Foundation products and programming in Ghana and in key technical areas
• Experience in at least one of the following Grameen domains of mAgriculture, mFinancial Services, mHealth and mobile technology experience in Africa
• Expertise in behavior change and behavior change communication
• Proven ability to think and work both strategically and operationally
• Successful experience working in international organizations/multicultural settings
• Proven ability using sound judgment to manage challenging circumstances and resolve conflicts
• Strong written and spoken English skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
• Strong technical skills in at least one of the following areas: health communications, family health, maternal/child health, adolescent health; communications for improved extension; communications for improved financial management
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural setting, and in multidisciplinary teams.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in development studies or related discipline
• Minimum of 3 years relevant behavior change project experience
• 2 years experience working on mobile health/agriculture/financial services projects required
• Experience working in global multi-cultural organizations across multiple time zones is a plus
Physical and Environmental Conditions: This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
How to Apply For the Job
Please send applications to:
THE SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ “PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST”
Closing Date: 15 February, 2017