Posted on :
9 Aug, 2016
9 Aug, 2016
Graphic Communications Group Ltd (GCGL) was established in 1950 in the then Gold Coast by the Daily Mirror Group in the United Kingdom, with Cecil King Jnr as the first head of the company. Its original name was West African Graphic Company Limited. The company published its first newspaper, the Daily Graphic, On October 2, 1950, and followed it up in 1953 with the weekly Sunday Mirror, now called The Mirror.
The company later changed its name from West African Graphic Company Ltd to Ghana Graphic Company Ltd after the Gold Coast gained independence from Britain 1957 and changed its name to Ghana.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and results oriented journalist with good team-playing and excellent editorial skills to fill the following position
Job Title: Reporter (Daily Graphic)
Collect, write and prepare a variety of stories for inclusion in the newspaper and Graphic Online both in general areas and areas of specialization.
• Select stories to follow either with a general flavour or from an area of specialisation when not assigned by the Editor
• Collect information necessary to compile the story / stories, for example by going out to the field and conducting interviews or doing desk-based / web-based research
• Compile stories ready for submitting – Edit prior to submitting and proofreading when required
• Work in groups on special stories / investigations when required, with one writer taking a lead as necessary
• Contribute suggestions to the development of the website
• Contribute marketing ideas to position the newspaper brands and website as preferred products to our customers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 1st Degree in Communication/Journalist Studies or related field with 2 years working experience on Newspaper/Online Journalism
• Diploma in journalism from a reputable institution with 4 years working experience on Newspaper/Online Journalism
• Member of Ghana Journalists Association
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good report writing skills
• Analytical with an eye for detail
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and for long periods
• Flexible attitude to working arrangements
• Strong computer literacy skills, including page planning
• Research methodology skills desired but not essential
Location: Accra and Tamale
How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
The Ag. Director, HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group Ltd.
P.O.Box GP 742
Alternatively, you may email your application to the Human Resource Operations Manager at:-
Closing Date: 16 August, 2016