Grow For Me is an Agritech crowdfunding platform that sponsors farmers producing high demand foods and in the process solves the hunger problems in Africa. Sponsors reap decent returns on the sale of the harvest to off-takers and are able to monitor the progress of the farms using drone and satellite imagery.
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Off Taker Acquisition
A Business Development Manager is a senior role, and as such has some important duties and responsibilities to fulfil, with both short and long-term goals to achieve. Your responsibilities will include
- Developing and executing growth strategies and plans for acquiring Off Takers to buy produce/harvest from Grow For me partner farmers.
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing Off takers.
- Increasing number of off-takers with Grow For Me
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Writing business proposals
- Negotiating with stakeholders across the entire business to ensure off-takers are excited with services.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and off-taker needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts with off-takers
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
Qualifications and requirements
As a manager at an organisation, this is a role that demands a qualification, or significant experience in the field.
- Customer Acquisition Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Offline Marketing
- Business Development
- Economics or Finance
- Value Proposition
A Business Development Manager job description should also request the below soft skills from candidates:
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
Closing Date : 13th May, 2020