As a Senior Sales Engineer for Grundfos Lifelink, you will identify, establish, evaluate, train and promote sales and service partners, be responsible for direct and indirect sales and conducting business development activities within your geographic area.
Job Title: Senior Sales Engineer
Some of the duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Identify, establish (contracts), manage, support and evaluate on a competent network of Sales & Service Partners (SSP) in West Africa
- Jointly develop, together with the above SSPs, strategic business plans and quarterly activity plans, which supports the successful growth of the LIFELINK business and follow up on growth and sales targets.
- Develop an overall strategy/business plan to for the region.
- Participate on a need basis in the negotiations with potential business model partners within the territory. i.e. tele sector, banking, social mobilizes (NGOs) and service providers (installation – after sales service).
- Support the SSPs when it comes to marketing material, training, promotional campaigns, open houses, trade fairs, financing of projects, VIP visits to Denmark and general branding of the LIFELINK activity.
- Conduct market studies together with SSP, i.e. determine end-user profiles, customer segments, value propositions per segment, estimate business potential, competitor analysis, etc. Strategic recommendations are made to GLL based on the market studies.
- General branding and marketing activities.
- Coordinate between SSPs and Grundfos Lifelink assembly in terms of order intake, delivery schedules, complaint management.
- Assist Grundfos Lifelink in conducting relevant tests of technology, business and partnership models within the territory on a need basis.
- General advocacy of the LIFELINK business concept to various stakeholders i.e. World Bank, Regional Development Banks, various government agencies, NGOs, social enterprises, foundations and corporations with a pro water CSR profile. To be coordinated with the SSPs.
- Budget (Sales) responsible for the LIFELINK activities
What do you need to apply?
To be considered for this position you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor of Engineering degree preferably in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering.
- Must be fluent in English and French (Spoken and written)
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience from working with project/solution sales in water supply, i.e. Water Utilities. Would need experience in water treatment, i.e. UF/RO.
Must have experience in the following:
- Managing and supporting a network of distributors, agents, etc. Experience from partnership management.
- Technical sales, i.e. system integration based on various technology suppliers.
- Conducting/managing market research activities to understand customer & stakeholder needs. Developing annual marketing plans.
- Sales forecast/planning and budgets (Management level)
- Successful record in Government advocacy and sales (tenders, etc.)
- Familiar with financing of project sales.
- Strong networking skills, persistent, high drive, trustworthy and having entrepreneurial flair and an ability to ‘think out of the box’ in order to identify opportunities.