Posted on :
28 Jan, 2020
28 Jan, 2020
Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited (a member of the GTBank Group, Nigeria with subsidiary banks in Cotè D’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Liberia and United Kingdom) is an award-winning bank in Ghana and a leader in the use of Information Technology (IT) to enhance service delivery.
Proudly African and Truly International, the GTBank brand is built on core principles of professionalism and ethics and it’s aggressive and talented people have remained the pillar of its success in Ghana and other countries where the group operates.
The Bank is currently seeking “freshly qualified lawyers” interested in building a career in a corporate institution for a Legal unit.
Job Title: Legal Officers
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide general legal advisory services on various work-related issues
• Draft facility and security agreements while ensuring adequate protection of the Bank’s interest therein
• Draft/Review various contract agreements involving the bank and ensure their enforceable
• Conduct land and company searches and advice the bank on the outcomes
• Monitor the resolution of disputes and/or litigations referred to external solicitors
• Ensure representation of the bank at all court hearings and report an same to management
• Contribute to the achievement of the banks quality objectives and improve upon the quality management systems applicable to the role
• Perform all other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful candidate should have:
• Been called to the Ghana Bar
• A Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum of a second class lower
The ideal candidate must:
• Be a team player and possess good communication, negotiation and analytical skills
• Command presence, demonstrate sound decision-making and judgement (capabilities, integrity, professionalism, resilience and be self driven.
How to Apply
This is a challenging and exciting role for the right candidate. If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity and you have the drive for results as well as a passion for excellence, please send a CV to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 30 January, 2020
That only shortlisted candidate’s will be contacted