Posted on :
28 Jan, 2020
28 Jan, 2020
Guaranty Trust Bank (Ghana) Limited (a member of the GTBank Group, Nigeria with subsidiary banks in Cotè D’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Liberia and United Kingdom) is an award-winning bank in Ghana and a leader in the use of Information Technology (IT) to enhance service delivery.
Proudly African and Truly International, the GTBank brand is built on core principles of professionalism and ethics and it’s aggressive and talented people have remained the pillar of its success in Ghana and other countries where the group operates.
The Bank is currently seeking to employ an experienced lawyer who is interested in building a career in a corporate institution for its Legal unit.
Job Title: Head of Legal Unit
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the activities of the legal unit to ensure general compliance of the Bank with applicable laws and regulations
• Provide legal advise on various aspects of law affecting the Bank
• Represent and/or ensure legal representation of the bank when summoned
• Review title documents and search reports and advise thereon
• Manage the resolution of disputes as well as relationships with external solicitors
• Assist with company secretarial duties as and when required
Qualification Required & Experience
• The successful candidate should have:
• Been called to the Ghana Bar
• A Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum of a second class lower
• A minimum of 8-10 years working experience as a lawyer
The ideal candidate must:
• Be a team player and possess good communication, negotiation and analytical skills
• Command presence, demonstrate sound decision-making and judgement (capabilities, intergrity, professionalism, resilience and be self driven.
How to Apply
This is a challenging and exciting role for the right candidate. If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity and you have the drive for results as well as a passion for excellence, please send a CV to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 30 January, 2020
That only shortlisted candidate’s will be contacted