GGBL operates in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt categories. It controls 75% market share of total volume
By our Destination 2011 plan we are committed to doubling our NSV and TP over the next 4 years.
Trends: Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers: Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely tot experiment with new products. Growth in this region is currently 6% but could reach 10% by F09.
Job Title: Site Electrical Automation Engineer
- There is a major focus on process Electrical/Automation, Occupational Health & Safety and Asset care management across the site to enhance Product Supply capabilities in Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited.
- The role holder will drive Electrical/Automation skills development & management of all Electrical/Automation systems within GGBL.
- Manage all site electrical automation and control systems to ensure safe, reliable and optimum performance of plant and equipment in conformance with engineering and safety standards.
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies for the site Electrical/Automation systems to facilitate the achievement of key outputs of the Product Supply Function.
- Prepare and manage approved maintenance and capex budgets for Electrical/Automated equipment.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or HND
- A minimum of 5 years experience in maintenance engineering in food or drink manufacturing environment.
- A holder of the GhIE or equivalent recognised body will be useful
- Proven first line management skills
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Counselling skills
- Research skills
- Manage complexity
Lead and/or support site Electrical/automation, OH&S and asset care management drive. Key deliverables:
- Ensure all Electrical/Automation systems are functional to highest industry standards.
- Establish effective planned maintenance management for brewery Electrical/Automation systems.
- Develop people capabilities and competence in Electrical/Automation through on-the-job coaching.
- Ensure resources are used in a cost effective manner
- Establish clear standards for all contractors in the area of Electrical/Automation and ensure compliance to Permit To Work requirements