Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. It has the vision of being the Ghana’s most celebrated business.
Diageo Plc owns 80.39% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical to the journey to No 1. Diageo Plc is quoted in the US and London Stock Exchanges while Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (the subsidiary) is quoted in the Ghana Stock Exchange. A key contributor to the success of the GGBL strategic plan is an effective Channel and Commercial planning team demonstrating industry leadership winning the visibility war at the point of purchase and meeting both trade and consumer needs.
Job Title: Head of Commercial Planning & Channel Activation
To lead, motivate & develop a team of Channel Category management and Commercial Planning and activation to play a key role in enabling GGBL to accelerate its channel & commercial agenda, delivering significant financial benefit.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate caliber with at least 7-10years experience of marketing / commercial / Sales environments
- A proven track record in marketing / commercial / sales functions
- At least 3 years within a retail / FMCG business with an experience in a Leadership position
- Strong People management experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft office, Automation selling…)
- Able to identify and articulate customer/market/ competitor information to report on & input to future Trade Strategy.
- Is highly skilled in fostering commitment and resolving conflict. Is able to handle tough situations through advanced negotiation skills and effective, collaborative cross- functional team working.
Enforce all aspects of the Food Safety and Quality Management System related to your department is followed and maintained.
- Owns & leads the development of the JUBP by brand, channel & customer.
- End to end JUBP process effectiveness & discipline including the orchestration of Quarterly Business Review (QBR) meetings, Monthly Activity Review Meetings (ARM).
Activity Planning & Commercial calendar
- Leads the development of the commercial channel and customer plans (including investment)
- Maintains & orchestrates the commercial activity calendar.
- Understand how to generate and use a baseline to define financial metrics per activity and ROI calculations
Sales & Category Growth Drivers
- Leads the definition and implementation of the relevant Sales & category/portfolio growth drivers to leverage specific category platforms and developing the activities to enable the broader sales team to execute against them.
Sales Cycle Briefings
- Leads the development, compilation and cascading of the cycle briefs – liaising with Sales operations, brand teams and the trade execution teams to deliver outstanding commercial propositions that excites the sales teams at cycle meetings.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com. Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.