GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, Ready to Drink (RTD) and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
Job Title: Quality Analyst
- Proactively works with the Production team via the provision of technical analytical and microbiological services and skills.
- Work proactively as a team to meet the business needs of Quality, Cost and Customer Service.
- To carry out analytical and microbiological analysis according to the sampling plan in order to fulfill customer needs.
- To be proactive in developing opportunities for continuous improvement in QA.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal & team development through agreed training & development programs e.g. P4G
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ideally an HND (Laboratory Technology) or equivalent.
- A proven applied competency in one or more of the following: – Chemical analyses, Microbiological analyses, Brewing Quality Control.
- At least three years practical laboratory experience in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Experience of teamwork in a pressurized production / QA environment
- Fundamental Quality insight focused on the wider business need and how it impacts on GGBL production activities.
- Analytical thinking style.
- Well organized
- Attention to detail.
- Able to contribute to the effective working of the team.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to follow through to deliver high quality results.
- Ability to organize and deliver training to other team members and production personnel.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System
- Provide a comprehensive analytical and microbiological service to the Production and support teams.
- Be the Quality voice of the aligned team.
- Attain the highest standards in the area of Quality, Cost and Customer Service.
- Deliver a high performance service to its customers across the Brewery.
- Interact with a wide range of colleagues on the technical side of the business to carry out analyses and deliver the service required.
- Take responsibility for their training and development.