Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited (GGBL) is the leading total beverage company with premium world class brands in 5 drinks categories in which it competes – Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, Star, Gulder and Heineken larger, Smirnoff Ice and Orijin Beer are Ready To Drink brands, Malta Guinness and the award winning Alvaro represent its adult non-alcoholic brands and GGBL imports world class spirits from Diageo Plc, its majority shareholder and the world’s leading premium drinks business. GGBL is currently the only beverage company listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange. The company operates from 2 breweries – the flagship site in Kaase, in the Ashanti region and the Achimota site in Accra. Ghana is the sixth largest global market for Guinness FES, as a market leader, GGBL strives to invest for growth. GGBL operates within a strict and mandatory Code of Business.
Job Title: Responsibility and Sustainability Manager
- To provide leadership, and support to the business on the design, implementation, development, delivery and monitoring of Sustainability programmes that enrich the communities in which GGBL operates and positively contribute to our corporate reputation.
- To provide support to the Employee Engagement and Communications Manager and the Regulatory Affairs Adviser
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate in Social Sciences or other related field, with proven experience in project management. Candidate will adopt empowering management practices to deepen our partnerships, activities and accountability in Ghana.
- A team player possessing a high level of interpersonal skills
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience in community involvement within business or working in a related discipline (communications, product complaint, Finance or HR).
- Ability to manage a sub-department budget.
- Owns, develops and monitors the strategic positioning of Sustainability and Responsibility agenda across the GGBL business and external agencies.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to ensure the GGBL maintains its leading edge position with key Sustainability and Alcohol in Society (AiS) stakeholders and opinion makers.
- Devise programmes to drive new opportunities, strengthen existing relationships and build on current programmes in Sustainability and Alcohol in Society plan.
- Drive 100% engagement of employees in Sustainability initiatives by ensuring bi annual engagement and continual updating of the urgency, opportunity, relevance, benefits and impact of our activities on the lives of people and communities for all employees on our Sustainability programs
- Drive 100% compliance of employees by ensuring mandatory bi annual training for all employees on AiS programs.
- Ensure GGBL is using most up to date toolkits and provide support on the completion and evaluation of plans.
- Ensure legal agreements are in place for all community partnerships.
- Manage the planning and implementation of programmes – to include setting objectives and delivering evaluation criteria.
- Provide and support Corporate Relations Director on strategy.