GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana holding circa 75% market share.
As the Supply function, we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
This role is key in the GGBL site Supply Leadership Team and is vital for effective Brewing Operations.
The role holder will need to develop, support and implement specific plans to achieve standards
Job Title: Head Brewer
To effectively lead and manage the site brewing team to achieve overall objectives of the department.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Good Honours Degree in Science/Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the manufacturing Industry
- A holder of the Dip/MB from the IBD will be useful
- Proven first line management skills
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Manage complexity
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority.Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Deliver AOP
- Implement the asset care and perfect plant agenda of brewing department
- Review work instruction to improve process control for conformance to analytical spec >95% and control infection <10%
- Manage cost to achieve overall COGS of < £40/hl, brewhouse OEE of >70% process waste of < 5.5%
- Build the capabilities of shift brewers, operators and technicians towards multi-skilling
- Manage brewing operations, coaching and supporting team workers and contractors and ensuring effective plant maintenance.
- Interact with other departmental managers (as appropriate), to ensure that target volumes are achieved at the right quality and time and at optimum cost.