From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve this, we need the world’s very best people.
Job Title: Compliance & Ethics Manager
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you
Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. Its ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in Ghana.
Diageo Plc owns 51% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical to the journey to No 1. Diageo Plc is quoted in the US and London Stock Exchanges while Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (the subsidiary) is quoted in the Ghana Stock Exchange.
Core on our agenda in F21 and beyond are as follows:
- Spirits transformation with emphasis on Scotch & Reserve
- Unlock upper mainstream spirits
- Turbocharge APNADS
To accomplish this agenda would require the right skill set of talents to lead the frontline execution.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Takes active role in championing “doing the right thing” and coaching team members and other key stakeholders to adopt a culture of integrity in their businesses. Challenge existing ways of working and ensure controls and compliance remains a key business priority.
- Implement Company’s process controls by embedding the Control Assurance and Risks Management (CARM) system across the markets and to manage external CARM & GAR audits as required.
- Integration plans for Compliance & Ethics: Awareness, training and communication to bring Code to life. Progress reporting on C&E.
- Manages market Risk Management Committee, including footprint, mitigation plans. Advise new business ventures team on potential risk areas
- Advise new business ventures team on potential risk areas, play an active role in the design and development of a CC&E plan that will ensure new ventures / projects are compliant.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Qualifications / Behaviours
- University graduate or ACCA qualified. Minimum of 8 years post qualification
- High level of personal integrity, and proven ability to ‘stand tall’ under pressure
- Takes responsibility and shows clear ownership.
- Track record of consistently delivering to deadlines & standards in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally (written and verbal)
- Ability to network and quickly build effective relationships. This will include establishing effective relationship and communicating clearly with colleagues outside of finance and external to Diageo.
- Experience of working in ‘virtual teams’ with colleagues in different functions and locations
- Perceptive and appreciative of different countries’ cultural differences
- Strong project management focus and ability to proactively manage own workload
- Good knowledge in corporate governance, control & risk assessment.
- Well-developed skills in systems utilisation (ideally SAP) and Excel, particularly in data query and interpretation.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with operational financial analysis support activities
- Strong Finance, Compliance, and Risk Management background, with good control awareness.
Closing Date : 3 August, 2020