GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana holding circa 75% market share.
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
The Mechanical Technician is ideally an individual with packaging operational and engineering experience. He is responsible for maintaining plant and machinery on shift to carry out packaging activities in order to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost effective manner. He participates in continuous improvement initiatives such as PIPs in the department. He should own the planning and execution of his training and development
Purpose of Role
Execute Mechanical aspects of preventive, breakdown maintenance, overhaul and modification of plant and equipment within approved operational budget to ensure continuous availability of Plant and Equipment, in the Packaging Hall, Brew House, Cellars, Utilities, and Buildings to facilitate production.
- Key Accountabilities
- Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- HND in appropriate Engineering discipline with 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GGBL SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online