GGBL operates in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt categories. It as well as distribution of spirits. It controls 75% market share of total volume. Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products. Growth in this region is currently 6% but could reach 10% by F09.
Job Title: Electrical/Automation Technician
- Manage the Electrical/Automation and control systems within his area of operation, and other areas as may be specified, to ensure safe, reliable and optimum performance of plant and equipment.
- Execute electrical aspects of preventive, breakdown maintenance, overhaul and modification of plant and equipment within approved operational budget to ensure continuous availability of Plant and Equipment, in the Packaging Hall, Brew House, Cellars, Utilities, and Buildings to facilitate production.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- HND in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or EET
- A minimum of 1 year experience in maintenance engineering in food or drink manufacturing environment.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven electrical troubleshooting skills
- Computer Literate
- Manage complexity
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations to achieve zero LTA.
- Achieve electrical/automation engineering Key Performance Indicators with direct responsibility for developing, coaching and supporting his team.
- Implement asset care and perfect plant agenda in the area of electrical/automation engineering to achieve manufacturing excellence through the execution of effective planned maintenance activities (e.g. shutdowns, overhauls) and provide technical input into the engineering teams in collaboration with the maintenance planners.
- Implement best engineering practices and provide input into asset care management, managing materials, components and spares required by the plant/equipment to achieve optimum cost.
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering Right First Time (RFT) on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.