Purpose of the role
- Work at the tier 1 & 2 to deliver Asset Care functional expertise across the area/site and lead the shift Asset Care Technicians and support the day based asset care support team to resolve sophisticated equipment problems
- Actively lead and sponsor CAPEX and innovation activity at site level
- Lead and advocate good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety, quality and environment).
- Continuous Improvement – accountable for specialist improvement activity
- Provide high levels of specialist support to the operations teams.
- Proactively lead on performance analysis that drives improvement actions that address adverse performance trends.
- Lead the MMS Asset Care deployment within the Asset Care within areas of responsibility.
- Work with Operating Equipment Manufacturers to drive faster problem solving and greater plant availability
- Support in delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
- Ensure alignment to Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Standards and compliance to maintenance regulatory standards at all times.
- Lead the deployment of the MMS Asset Care practices in the shift asset care teams and within the support team
- Lead the specialist support team to ensure maximum equipment availability
- Ensure the asset care team complete all scheduled specialist improvement activity.
- Attend daily asset care review meetings, and take appropriate action to provide support to course correct non conformance
- Continuously drives for next level of performance through review of Autonomous Maintenance, Asset Care and Focussed Improvement.
- Ensure effective management of spare parts
- Take ownership for the asset care budget and ensure most efficient solutions are completed
- Develop team morale, recognise great performance and take timely action to address under performance where vital
- Role model and coach team in the use of problem-solving tools
- Apply specialist knowledge to lead improvement projects using DMAIC methodology
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to raise, discuss and follow up on persistent performance issues to root cause problem solving and effective control
Entry level requirements – skills and experience
- A qualified time served trade BSc/Hnd Mechanical
- At least 5 years supervisory experience in an operations environment
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate in Spirits/Beer Packaging) or willing to complete
- Ability to manage people performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team
- Thorough solid understanding and demonstrated expertise in all areas of plant in area
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or Manex
- Expert knowledge of RCPS, 5S, Set Up Time Reduction, Autonomous Maintenance
- Basic financial awareness, understanding of business drivers, budgeting processes.
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages.
- Project Management skills & experience
- Track record of maintenance management – important metric improvement, planning effectiveness and alignment
- Good solid understanding of Environmental legislation and standards
- Best in class people management practices
- Commercial understanding of production & supply chain management. Financially aware – Capex, R&M
- Deep knowledge of ME, packaging, lean methodologies, process control, RCM
- SAP (or MRP systems), Planned Maintenance, Environmental and Quality systems
Excellence in Supply Chain
- Is experienced of working within the Performance Management structure of KPI’s and Tier Review Meeting Structure
- Has a proven track record in alignment to Core Process and Standards
- Demonstrates role model behaviour and coaches’ others to follow a consistent approach and go beyond mandatory minimum requirements
- Proactively demonstrates the learning curriculums and materials on Diageo Academy and other sources to continuously grow and develop in role.