Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. It has the vision of being Ghana’s most vibrant and iconic business by F17.
Diageo Plc owns 51% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical to the journey. Diageo Plc is quoted in the US and London Stock Exchanges while Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (the subsidiary) is quoted in the Ghana Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
To manage, develop, motivate and lead a team of field sales representatives and merchandisers so that defined levels of service quality to trade accounts are achieved in the most professional and cost-effective way.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A University degree or Post-Graduate with at least 3 years’ Sales Experience in FMCG
- Computer literate and ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a successful track record in terms of market share capture, market penetration, brand building, customer service and satisfaction, and volume growth.
- Ideally able to demonstrate successes in leading, building and developing a team.
- Team player
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Valid driving license with at least 2 years driving experience
- Set clear performance management metrics for each SE/TD/SOE within the territory
- Monitor performance of objectives of all team members and 3rd- Parties (KD’s or Wholesalers) and ensure they are achieved by training and developing a professional, highly skilled and motivated team / trade partners.
- Ensure the SEs/TDs/SOEs are held accountable for delivery of set territory targets
- Leading the Business growth agenda at the territory in line with set targets
- Ensure 3rd- Parties (KD’s or Wholesalers) within the territory delivers to the contractual terms of GGBL
Advantaged Route to Consumer (ARtC)
- Ensure that ARtC is embedded, executed and implemented in full at the Sales Area
- Grow outlets coverage to the targeted numbers – Both On and Off Trade channels.
- Ensure census data for the Area is constantly refreshed by updating new outlets as they open and deleting closed outlets.
- Ensure that all SE/TDs and VSMs work with daily targets.
- Ensure that daily KD VSM meetings are held and run according to the prescribed sales process.
- Execution standards as identified by ARtC by segment are implemented as designed.
- In case of Direct Delivery, ensure that all outlets are aware of the agreed trade / payment terms.
3rd- Parties (KD’s or Wholesalers) Management
- Build and develop sustainable relationship with 3rd- Parties (KD’s or Wholesalers) within the territory to grow our mutual business.
- Ensuring the distributor capability development and performance against the defined distributor execution standards (PfG and Gold Standards)
- Use the COBC and H&S policies as standards to guide business operations