Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. It has the vision of being the Ghana’s most trusted and respected, best performing consumer products company.Diageo Plc owns 80.39% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical on the journey to become no.1. Diageo Plc is quoted in the US and London Stock Exchanges while Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (the subsidiary) is quoted in the Ghana Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Human Resources Director
- Define and deliver the HR strategy that will enable GGBL to exceed its annual operating targets and deliver our ambition to be the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in Ghana.
- Effectively lead & manage the people agenda of GGBL through design, implementation and evolution of the organization and talent strategies that underpin the delivery of our business goals.
- Step-changing the attraction, retention and engagement levels of the organization whilst building diversity, growing capability and underpinning this with a performance driven culture that has agility and pace at its core.
Qualification And Experience Required
- Degree level qualification
- Over 12 years Strategic HR leadership experience with strong operational background
- Senior management experience and proven ability to lead effective teams
- Experience of working within different cultural environments
- Open and outward looking attitude
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work confidently and stand ground with more senior managers
- Strong commercial and pragmatic approach
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Ability to impact and influence upwards
- Provide leadership in the journey to step-change the talent agenda for GGBL through brilliant execution of Multi Year Talent Plans with a focus on talent assurance and capability building.
- Drive performance culture shifts – embed rigor in performance management disciplines and simplified routines and champion the pace, agility and speed of decision making required for us to win in the market
- Drive a competitive and simplified reward regime in service of performance outcomes and key talent retention. Manage total overheads line for staff and non-staff related investment and lead the productivity drive for these cost lines.
- Ensure that the HR Function is fully engaged and capable to be agile and responsive business partners to the organization.
- Embed the data privacy and people management standards expected of Diageo/GGBL and lead engagement with all relevant industry and regulatory bodies to ensure we remain a compliant and respected employer of local and global talent.