Job Title: Marketing Manager – APNADS
Purpose of Role & Accountabilities:
- Lead the marketing strategy and vision for APNADs
- Clearly defines the strategy to win for the categories, in response to the external environment
- Seeks to not only Win in the market today, but also to shape the market and consumer, so that Diageo is positioned to Win in the long term
- Engages and enthuses the team behind the strategy
- Clearly defines what choices are being made in service of this strategy and manages the implications of this
- Establish and deliver the marketing standards
- Holding tension for brilliant marketing creativity and execution – being the bastion for 10/10 delivery
- Role modelling great marketing behaviour – no shortcuts. Define the standards with which the team will operate too and role models it everyday
- Maintain humility, have the depth of knowledge and experience to coach others in to producing great work
- Constantly seeks best practise from all sources (internal, external and global) to constantly raise the Marketing standards of the respective categories
- External facing
- Great external radar to spot opportunities and challenges
- Strongly networked into key communities to identify trends that strengthen the portfolio
- Influencing/demanding the right resources and support from relevant Global Brand Team’s (GBT’s)
- Managing the internal stakeholders relationships – Builds trust and respect based relationships with key GBT stakeholders, building confidence, generating support and commitment
- Is clear on what is needed from GBT’s and is proactive in demanding it
- Demanding the right resources/outcomes from agencies/partners/suppliers
- Builds strong relationships with the senior agency stakeholders
- Uses these relationships to hold the agencies to account for outstanding delivery
- Aligns and enthuses the agencies on the opportunity to work with Diageo, ensuring that we have the best talent in the agency working on our business
- Owning the commercial performance of APNADs
- Standing for the commercial outcome, not just brand equity
- Is a master of the drivers of performance, understanding how to shift performance delivery.
- Is the champion of M&E and builds organisation understanding around “what works”
- Owning the good and bad of performance – demonstrating total accountability for performance and holding others to account for it
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree.
- Further degree or post-grad with marketing focus desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and execution of outstanding marketing programmes based on consumer insights.
- Ability to Influence senior teams.
- Multi-cultural exposure.