Deliver Procurement outcomes for Diageo within one or more categories of spend, through effective business partnering and collaboration across Procurement CoEs. This includes (but is not limited to)
Job Title: Market Category Specialist, Capex
- Applying strategic procurement excellence, through creation of or support in creation of category strategies built on Diageo’s best methods, standards and tools, to deliver procurement value.
- Leading or supporting Sourcing activities for specific categories of spend procured in Market.
- Supporting end-to-end execution of category strategies, working with global and other market category professionals in line with strategy.
- Developing subject-matter expertise for specific spend categories, supporting collection and leverage of supply market expertise and clear direction to Analysts for development and application of supply market data and information to strategy development and sourcing.
- Work dynamically across categories in flexible resource pools where they are already established & pro-actively look for opportunities where flexible resourcing could be set-up. This is a resourcing approach intended to smooth out peaks & troughs of demand and drive accelerated career development.
- Applied expertise. Build, manage and grow expertise in one or more spend categories, including understanding of supply markets, suppliers, stakeholders and how to negotiate supply and demand. Become a subject-matter expert and share with others in a global community of category professionals. Apply expertise and standards to identify and win new value for Diageo.
- Category excellence. Lead development of best in class market data and knowledge, category strategies and sourcing events by applying Diageo standards for category excellence. Contribute to improvement of existing and development of new tools & techniques.
- Business partnering. In close alignment with category managers, develop and grow relationships with stakeholders, partners and suppliers for deeper insights into needs and capabilities; articulate requirements and deliver insights for greater value from stakeholder collaboration.
- Strategy development. For one or more spend categories, support development and evolution of category strategies by (1) capturing, articulating and confirming business requirements; (2) researching and analysing market dynamics; and (3) assessing opportunities and proposing solutions.
- Best in class capabilities. Generate insights and opportunities from internal and external benchmarking, develop cost models to consider scenarios with suppliers and stakeholders and build & evolve analytics capabilities that allow regular review and improvement of strategies.
- Strategy execution. Support end to end execution of category strategies across geographical and organisational boundaries. Track and monitor progress against performance goals, providing detailed, monthly KPI data (including reconciliation to category team tracking projects, savings, supplier performance, etc.). Work in close collaboration with other Market colleagues aligned behind relevant strategies and facilitate escalations.
- Support to Global CoEs. Support Global CoEs with strategy development, including for CM4 (global agreements), CM3 (above-region leverage) and CM2 (above-market leverage), as required. Especially, ensure that Market and local market data and requirements are addressed fully.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS (CAPABILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Graduate or equivalent qualification and member of professional body, e.g., CIPS
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in Procurement, Finance, FMCG Commerical or other relevant role, with subject-matter expertise in supply markets and spend categories relevant to the role
- Demonstrated performance in projects and in cross-market teams, experience developing and executing category and procurement strategies, managing and negotiating with suppliers
- Strong analytical and financial awareness including a strong understanding of AOP requirements and financial goals & value drivers relevant to the categories in scope
- Track record of generating insights to influence decision-making; good commercial acumen
- Good systems knowledge (esp. SAP, PRDM, M/S Office, E-collaborate or similar systems & tools)
- Strong verbal, written and presentation; strong interpersonal skills
Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery