GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the largest of the brewing businesses in Ghana holding circa 75% market share.
Growth in the Ghana economy is encouraged to continue at mid to high single digit in a driven environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
- GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
- As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
- Manage the mechanical systems within his area of operation, and other areas as may be specified, to ensure safe, reliable and optimum performance of plant and equipment.
- Responsible for the execution of Preventive Maintenance and raising notification at the site.
- The role holder will need to develop, support and implement specific plans to achieve standards
- At all times adhere to Diageo health and safety, environmental and food safety standards, and work to all applicable legislative procedures. Responsible for Safe Systems of work.
- Maintain a safe and organised workplace environment through alignment to the Safety and 5S MMS practices
- Provide Asset Care Technician resource (electrical and mechanical) to the Operations team
- Accountable to ensure all assigned Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules are carried out at the defined frequency and completed to the required standard.
- Mentor operators to perform autonomous maintenance tasks, machine set ups optimisation and support growth in equipment capability as required.
- Support capital work, including installation, commissioning and testing within area as required. Responsible for feeding into early equipment management.
- Make full use of SAP – SAP reporting & recording completion.
- Review RCM activity on a weekly basis
- Understands and uses MMS principles tools and techniques, contributing positively to MMS ITFs
- Manage personal data in Workday e.g. P4G and personal details (specific responsibilities to be clarified)
- Attend and contribute to SIC process. Complete short interval control documentation on activities.
- Raise 5 why’s as defined by agreed trigger points. Work with Operators and team leaders to play a proactive role in situational problem solving on shift. Fixing problems and finding solutions via RCPS
- Participate in line improvement projects, a skills & experience allow
- Engage in start of shift meetings and performance-based team meetings to raise and address persistent performance issues.
- Participates in weekly asset care review meetings
- Anticipate issues and be more proactive in approach
- Support TLS & Operators to build asset care and RCPS capability
- Attend all Tier 1 meetings, contribute to the agenda and complete actions as required
Qualifications and Experience Required
Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or HND
- A demonstrated ability in maintenance engineering in food or drink manufacturing environment.
- Proven first line leadership skills
- Computer Literate
- Resource leadership skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Manage complexity
- Mentoring skills