Guinness Ghana Breweries is a Ghanaian brewery based at the Kaasai Industrial Area in Kumasi. They are listed on the stock index of the Ghana Stock Exchange, the GSE All-Share Index. It formed in 1991.When production started at its inception, the company produced only Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, popularly known as Guinness. The primary depot was at the same position with stores across the country particularly in the south. In 1988/89 another brand, this time non-alcoholic beverage, Malta Guinness was introduced and that became an instant hit capturing almost 70% of that market.
Job Title: Site Shift Electrical, Auto Technician
GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, Ready To Drink(RTD) and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits.
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
The Site Shift Electrical/ Auto Technician is ideally an individual with packaging operational and engineering experience. He is responsible for maintaining plant and machinery on shift to carry out packaging activities in order to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost effective manner. He participates in continuous improvement initiatives such as PIPs in the department. He should own the planning and execution of his training and development
Purpose of Role
Execute electrical aspects of preventive, breakdown maintenance, overhaul and modification of plant and equipment within approved operational budget to ensure continuous availability of Plant and Equipment, in the Packaging Hall, Brew House, Cellars, Utilities, and Buildings to facilitate production.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Support Shift Manager to achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
- Actively pursue training and development on an individual and team basis and participate in competency based training programs. Support other team member development and develop positive relationships with colleagues, including contractors.
- Compile and commentate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- HND in appropriate Engineering discipline with 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GGBL SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.