Posted on :
12 Apr, 2011
12 Apr, 2011
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana is currently recruiting. Wherever you come from and wherever you want to go, we can offer you exciting career opportunities within one of our many functions around the world, including our Consumer Banking or Wholesale Banking divisions.
Ghana Job Opportunity: Head of CRES Ghana and West Africa
|Ghana – SCB|
|– Manage all CRES operational activities in line with Group standards
– Support the Business in optimal use of the Bank’s property portfolio (business alignment)
– Deliver property services in a cost efficient and effective way
– Introduce industry best practice to the country CRES functions
– Coordinate the regional CRES management in line with the group CRES target operating model (TOM) drawing together RE and project management; CRES risk management; operational risk management; HR; Finance and Global Sourcing.
– Within the above ensure Country teams manage the Global Environmental and Health & Safety Programmes in the country. Ensure established objectives are achieved
– Monitor property operational risks and manage the development of robust mitigation plans.
– Act as first point of escalation for unmitigated risks
– Ensure delivery of Group property insurance reporting in line with Group Insurance specifications
– Review and implement Group policies and procedures with local addenda as required.
– To provide strategic direction and leadership to country CRES, ensuring first class customer care and value for money.
– In conjunction with regional portfolio manager create overall real estate strategies and plans for the business units and country.
– Conduct portfolio analysis, development and execution of the global real estate strategic plan as it relates to the country.
|Key Roles & Responsibilities|
|AREA OR SUB-REGION MANAGEMENT
• Provide oversight of and guidance to the heads of CRES in the countries designated within the sub-region.
• Set objectives, conduct performance reviews, agree ILDPs with these country heads (i.e. deliver the P3 process).
• Relay and implement instructions and initiatives from group and regional office.
• Mentor the country heads and their teams.
• Conduct on-sight assessments of risk management, facilities management PPM, project delivery and performance in CRES activities across the board.
• Advise regional heads on country performance, resourcing needs and potential issues.
GENERAL COUNTRY DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT
• Manage Country CRES team and provide technical support as necessary.
• Implement the group/regional structure (known as the Target Operating Model, or TOM) adapted for country circumstances.
• Approve BAU operating costs within delegated authority.
• “Own” all premises issues in the country.
• Act as the main interface between CRES and business units at country level in order to manage and lead real estate strategic planning.
• Contribute to the development of new business initiatives.
• Develop and agree country level service level agreements between CRES and the businesses.
• Drive the country real estate strategic planning for CRES to ensure the long term occupancy plans for our property portfolio are aligned with business direction.
• Implement portfolio management metrics that illustrate the financial performance of the property assets.
• Implement models to link business and real estate strategy to forecast supply and demand for space and developing master and strategic plans for utilisation and development potential of land and/or buildings with the bank’s property portfolio for the country.
• Undertake real estate due diligence reviews as and when required for potential new business acquisition.
• Implement property plans in alignment with agreed strategies.
• Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of the GPMS ensuring the capture of global property data country, address, type, use and tenure and populate costs across the country portfolio.
• Ensure all property insurance data is captured and accurately reported using the insurance module of GPMS
• Manage leases (and the associated risks) both where the bank is lessor and lessee.
• Ensure all other databases are properly populated in a timely way such as the Transaction Tracking Report, “Boomerang” asset register, lifecycle replacement programme, space utilisation.
|Qualifications & Skills|
|– Extensive facilities management experience gaining in a “blue chip” corporate environment.
– Strategic thinker combined with a high degree of pragmatism.
– Excellent leadership skills and team management experience.
– Proven track record of delivering excellence through their leadership and communication skills.
– Experience of successfully managing and delivering and delivering multiple services to internal and external stakeholders.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the influence to deal with the broad spectrum of customers both within and outside the bank.
– Ability to adapt proactively to customer requirements.
– Budgetary control and financial management experience.
– Skilled at swift problem identification, prevention and resolution.
– Using initiative to review continuously and improve services.
|Diversity & Inclusion|
|Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.|
select professional job search, select Ghana and apply.