Posted on :
6 Nov, 2013
6 Nov, 2013
VN No.: VN-13-04
Duty Station: Tamale
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term
Post Level: NO-B
Job Title: Health and Nutrition Officer
PURPOSE OF POST
Under the supervision of the Health & Nutrition Specialist and under the guidance of Chief of Health and Nutrition Section provide technical support to regional health services for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including data analysis, progress reporting, knowledge networking and capacity building of health and nutrition activities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that UNICEF health and nutrition support is aligned to government policies and priorities.
• Work closely with Regional Health Services to design, implement, monitor and evaluate the integrated health and nutrition components of the Country Programme Plan of Action and Regional Plan of Work.
• Provide technical support to government and NGOs at regional and district levels in planning, implementation and evaluation of health and nutrition projects.
• Identify, plan and evaluate sustainable advocacy and capacity building activities
• Undertake field visits to monitor programmes against agreed targets and indicators Conduct periodic programme reviews with regional government counterparts and other partners at district sub-district and community levels. Propose and/or undertake action to improve project implementation and management
• Analyse and evaluate programme data to ensure achievement of objectives and/or take corrective action when necessary to meet programme objectives.
• Prepare monthly progress reports for documentation of implementation, lessons learnt and best practises.
• In conjunction with Accra office, ensure lessons learnt -feed ‘upstream’ to influence national policy agenda
• Input and manage financial and activity level information into SAP (VISION)
Qualification Required & Experience
• University Degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Health Planning/Management or other relevant field.
• Two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in planning. programming, imp’ementation monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition programmes. Professional work experience in programme management function or a technical expert capacity in nutrition, child survival £ health care.
• Fluency in English required. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station and another UN working language an asset.
i) Core Values (Required)
Commitment Diversity and Inclusion Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
Communication [II] Working with People  Drive for Results [l|
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
Formulating Strategies and Concepts [I]
Applying Technical Expertise [Il]
Learning and Researching [II]
Planning and Organising [II]
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Good M&E skills and experience in field work activities,
• Knowledge of latest developments and technology in the health and nutrition field
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written) and advocacy skills
• Proven ability to conceptualise, innovate, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills
• Ability to work in a team and under pressure
• Knowledge of computer management and applications
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
How To Apply For The Job
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History for (which can be downloaded from http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc) and photocopies of other supporting documents to email:
or mail to:
The Human Resource Manager
P. O. Box 5051
Closing Date: 15 November, 2013
Applications submitted without the P11 form will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!