Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will report to the Help Safety and Loss Prevention Training Superintendent. She/he will provide appropriate training skills and Safety Oriented workforce for operations is a key requirement. This includes the planning, training, assessment and auditing of the local work force.
- Assist in the design and teaching of a quality Auditing program to meet ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Management Systems
- Investigate research and design new topics relating to mine health and safety training
- Ensure cost effective competency-based training programs are delivered to participants to develop the required competencies and values
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee and training participant under or assigned to his/her supervision
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Health Professional qualification
- Previous SHE Auditing background
- Experience with competency based training, on and off job preferably in the Mining Industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Experience with training in Occupational Health and Safety, ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Management Systems
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this positions, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resource Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
P. O. Box 59
Kenyasi, Brong Ahafo Region
Or email to
: [email protected] Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Offer valid till: 23 Dec, 2011