Posted on :
6 Oct, 2021
6 Oct, 2021
You will help create a series of radio documentaries for local and international broadcasts. The series is about how spiritual and political forces intersect in Jamestown Ga Mashie.
Job Title: Assistant Radio Producer
You need to know how to facilitate meetings with people in Ga Mashie including many who interact with various spiritual worlds. You will help make high quality audio recordings of these interactions. You will help show how these interactions influence politics and the development of Jamestown.
You don’t need any formal qualifications. But you must:
– be fluent in Ga
– have a good understanding of Ga societies
– know how to negotiate with Ga priests and leaders at all levels
– be unafraid of spiritual manifestations
– be tech savvy
– write and edit English at a professional level
– be smart and assertive
– be willing to have your voice recorded for radio
– be fun, creative with good energy
– be willing to work very hard
– Maintain working relations with key people in the Ga community
– Set up interviews
– Act as an interpreter
– Help record and mix professional quality audio recordings
– Log, transcribe and translate recordings
– Give useful input to help create the radio series
You will be working for me, David Hecht, a crusty old English-German journalist. Having spent much of my life in and around Africa, I have settled in Accra to produce a radio series called ‘Invisible Governance’. I also work as a cooperate investigator and have a small team that includes an administrator-investigator and housekeepers. We work out of Hechtech House in Osu, which comprises of an office and a function hall.
How To Apply
Send your CV and a short cover letter saying why you think you are well-suited for the job to [email protected] (Sorry but if your submission has typos or is poorly written we will disqualify you.) If we think that you may indeed be well-suited, you will be given an online test to see if you can:
If you pass these tests, we will interview you in person.
Be sure to look through our website before you apply: www.hechtech.com