Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Title: Project Assistant- Agriculture Production
To plan, direct and coordinate work with project participating households so as to ensure that specific project interventions are moving in the right direction and resources are applied in a judicious and accountable manner.
Essential Character Traits: Hardworking, Collaborative, and Enthusiastic
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLE
(including approximate percentage effort)
- The Field Assistant will technical backstop project households and ensure that all planned activities are undertaken in a timely and impacting manner.
- Project participants are backstopped and the annual work-plan is fully executed in line with established organizational procedures and the project objectives.
- The Field Assistant will track the project performance indicators and provide the relevant and essential input for addressing any challenges that may affect progression towards the project objectives.
- Indicators tracked and feedback provided on the identified challenges and gaps.
Documentation of Project Outcomes-5%
- The Field Assistant will document project outcomes, best practices and lessons learned for sharing with stakeholders.
- Project outcomes, including best practices and lessons learned are documented and shared with the relevant stakeholders.
- The Field Assistant will prepare and submit periodic reports (as may be required by a supervisor) on all the project activities and related matters in a timely manner.
- Periodic reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- The Field Assistant will liaise with other project staff to provide capacity development training to the project beneficiary households.
- Periodic capacity development needs are identified and the required actions, including training, are carried out.
- The Field Assistant will carry out any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the designated Project Coordinator.
- All assigned duties are satisfactorily discharged.
Most Critical Proficiency:
- Knowledge of and experience in crop and animal husbandry initiatives
- Knowledge of and experience on community-based organizations
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail
- Basic data collection and analysis skills
- Understanding of participatory approaches.
- Understanding of gender considerations.
- Strong writing and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in training, including sound understanding of adult learning principles.
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet and deal with others in courteous and tactful manner
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and Integrity
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Self-starter, and self-motivated to work under minimum supervision.
- Preparedness to work with farmers in rural settings and especially with women
- Sc. degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Animal Science, Social Science, Rural development or Veterinary Science
- A minimum of 2 years’ practical experience in rural development work
- Computer literate in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to ride a motor bike in rough and challenging terrains.
- Fluency in English, and Kasem or Frafra or Dagbani or Dagare or Twi.