Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Title: Project Assistant
Accountable to plan, direct and coordinate work with project participating households to ensure that specific project interventions are moving in the right direction and resources are applied in a judicious and accountable manner.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Heifer International Ghana is looking for a hardworking, collaborative, enthusiastic, and results oriented.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Technical backstopping (80%)
- Provide technical backstopping to project households and ensure that all planned activities are undertaken in a timely and impactful manner.
- Project participants are backstopped on a weekly basis and the monthly, quarterly and annual workplans are fully executed in line with established organizational procedures and the project objectives.
Project Monitoring, Documentation and Reporting (10%)
- Tracking the project performance indicators and provide the relevant and essential input for addressing any challenges that may affect progression towards the project objectives.
- Document project outcomes, best practices and lessons learned for sharing with stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit monthly project reports in a timely manner.
- Project performance indicators are tracked monthly and feedback is provided on the identified challenges and gaps.
- Project outcomes, including best practices and lessons learned are documented and shared with the relevant stakeholders on a semi- annual basis.
- Monthly project reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Liaise with other project staff to provide capacity development trainings to the project beneficiary households.
- Capacity development needs are assessed every month and the required actions, including trainings, are carried out.
Any other duties as assigned (5%)
- All assigned duties are satisfactorily discharged.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Animal Science, Social Science, Rural Development or Veterinary Science
- A minimum of 2 years’ practical experience in rural development work
- Computer literate in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to ride a motor bike in rough and challenging terrains.
- Fluency in English and Twi.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Knowledge of and experience in crop and animal husbandry.
- Knowledge of and experience in organizing and working with community-based groups.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Basic data collection and analysis skills.
- Understanding of participatory approaches.
- Understanding of gender considerations.
- Strong writing and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in training, including sound understanding of adult learning principles.
- Excellent coordination and facilitation skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to meet and deal with others in courteous and tactful manner.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and Integrity.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Ability to ride a motorbike.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Self-starter, and self-motivated to work under minimum supervision.
- Preparedness to work with farmers in rural settings and especially with women.
Job LocationEast Legon, Greater Accra, Ghana