Posted on :
30 Jan, 2020
30 Jan, 2020
The action, “Securing Child Rights in the Fisheries Sector in the Central Region and along the Volta Lake of Ghana” is funded by the European Commission and implemented by a consortium of local non-governmental organizations led by Hen Mpoano.
Job Title: Project Manager
The project manager will oversee the project’s implementation, monitoring and evaluation and be responsible for overall reporting on its status and progress towards achievement of desired results.
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate and take the lead in the preparation and implementation of annual work plans.
• Provide strategic orientation and technical contributions to field activities led by implementing partners.
• Orient implementing partners to and compliance with all requirements of the European Commission funding including visibility of the project.
• Organize and facilitate periodic project review in coordination with implementing partners.
• Provide technical support for project communications and oversee monitoring and evaluation.
• Coordinate implementation activities with relevant CSOs and government institutions at all levels to advance the goal and objectives of the project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a project management role and a Master’s degree in a social science related discipline.
• Good knowledge of governance processes and dynamics in Ghana’s fisheries and coastal sector.
• Strong leadership and team-building skills.
• Proven experience in successfully managing teams.
• Excellent knowledge of MS office packages.
• Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
• A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism.
• Knowledgeable in project monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Strategic planning and decision-making skills.
• Ability to lead multi-stakeholder processes involving CSOs, traditional authorities and government institutions at district and national levels.
• Affinity for working on child rights issues and for using rights-based approaches.
• Knowledge of European Commission funding requirements will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates (especially females) are to submit their cover letter and CV to: [email protected]